Double Expansion Anchors Excellent Holding Values
Double expansion anchor is also called double expansion shield. The body is made of a die cast alloy called zamak, which has good corrosion resistance. The anchor is used for light duty to medium duty In softer material, or a material whose strength is suspect, the anchor is a great fastener. It is made up of six parts: two halves of the anchor body, one threaded expansion nut, one non-threaded expansion nut, and two spring steel rings. The anchor body is expanded to against the base material when a bolt is threaded into the double expansion anchor.
Double expansion anchor is made up of six parts, it's usually used to install an item into softer material.
The kind of double expansion anchor has two rings separated and the body is divided into three sections.
- Material: a die cast alloy called zamak
- Six diameters: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", and 3/4".
The size of the anchor is the diameter of the bolt or screw used, it's also the diameter of the inside diameter of the anchor.
After the expansion anchor has been inserted in the hole, we should insert the properly sized bolt into the anchor.
The inside diameter of the anchor refers to the diameter of the bolt or screw used to expand the anchor, the outer diameter refers to the diameter of the anchor body.
|Items||Anchor size (inches)||Bolt size (inches)||Anchor length (inches)||Hole size (inches)||Quantity/box|
The double expansion anchor is used with the following base materials: concrete, brick, block, mortar.
- The diameter of the bolt used is equal to the outer diameter of the double expansion anchor size.
- The double expansion anchor is corrosive resistant because of Zamac.
- The removal or replacement of the fixture is allowed.
- The minimum distance between two anchors is ten anchor diameter and the minimum distance between the anchor and the edge is five anchor diameters.
- No assembly required, the anchor is one-piece anchor.
- Drill a hole with a hammer drill and a carbide drill bit, the carbide drill bit should be correctly sized with the double expansion anchor being used.
- Clean out the debris from the hole.
- Insert the anchor into the hole and ensure it's flush with the material.
- Put the fixture on the anchor.
- Insert the properly sized bolt through the fixture into the anchor and screw it firmly enough.
Double expansion anchor is used in concrete, brick, mortar or block base material for light to medium duty. When the base material is in questionable strength, the anchor is a ideal choice.
Inquiry for Our Product
Betonanker fastener Industrial Limited
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.